Latest studies show that people value natural light and proximity to windows above almost any other built environment attribute. But natural light and sunlight can be both a blessing and a curse. Daylight needs to be managed, blocked - or even harvested. It can create problems to room users and on the impact to the space’s design and facilities. Refer to the section on image contrast in our Visual Displays 8 Essentials in Specifying Screens and Displays Guide.
Light from windows can cause veiling glare on the screen and other reflective surfaces, or even disability glare. Translucent blinds limit these effects, yet still allow good levels to pass through, provided the transmission is correctly specified.
Daylight can have a negative impact upon video conferencing camera performance (as detailed in the AVIXA/IES Standard Recommended Practice for Lighting Performance for Small to Medium Sized Videoconferencing Rooms) by mixing the high colour temperatures of natural light with the warm colour temperatures. When the quality of the client’s VC endpoint viewing is important, fully sealed opaque blinds should be a serious consideration.
Blinds and natural light control is part of our skill set and solutions offered. We provide the design, survey and specification services in addition to a fully serviced supply, installation and maintenance package.
Euroscreen Flex Shades - Lighting Control for AV Spaces - Find out more
Explore by Technology
- Projection screens and solutions
- Explore our range of projection screens
- ProjecTABLE - complete meeting room solution for MS Teams Front Row
- New 4K MTR 21:9 Front Row Display
- TUDesc Education Space Configuration and Management Tool
- Immersive & Simulation Displays
- Large Format, Flat Panel & Laser Projection Displays
- Furniture for Microsoft Teams Rooms
- Microsoft Teams Rooms Lighting
- Blinds and natural light control for Microsoft Teams Rooms
- Euroscreen Flex Shades - Lighting Control for AV Spaces
- Direct view LED screens
- VDL Digital Canvas
- VDL Digital Canvas Curved Displays
- Electric projection screen controls and motor options
- Video walls
- Rear projection mirror rigs, gobos, floor projection
- Wallmate Flat Panel Display Mounting Solution
- Precision-coated optical mirrors